Interpreting the Abdominal X-Ray (AXR)
- Bowel gas pattern
- Large and small bowel and free gas
- Abnormal gas collections
- Biliary gas, retroperitoneal gas, bowel wall gas
- Abnormal calcification
- Gall stones, renal tract, pancreas, vascular
- Retroperitoneum and abdominal wall
- Psoas lines, abdominal wall muscles and peritoneum
- Lumbar spine, pelvis, proximal femora, ribs
Note: Users without Flash need to click on the 'AXR (no flash)' link on the menu on the left.
Acknowledgement: revise4finals would like to thank Dr Niall Moore (John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford) for providing the images and explanations used in this section.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 June 2012 08:24